added by Joan Penney
The best chocolate pie!! There is a rich butter taste and a slight crunch to the top! **This recipe does not use milk**
Cook time: 35 Min Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 6-8
1 stick butter
2 oz baking chocolate, semi-sweet
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pie crust shell (regular) not deep dish
1 c all purpose flour
1/4 c powdered sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 oz butter, softened
1. Melt butter and chocolate squares in saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
2. Beat eggs with sugar and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl; add chocolate mixture and mix well.
3. Pour in pie shell or follow directions for shortbread crust.
4. Shortbread crust Combine flour, sugar and salt in a medium size bowl. Add butter and using large fork or hands work butter in flour mixture until dough comes together as a ball. Press dough into a tart pan. Fill with chocolate filling. Bake at 350 for 30-35 min.
5. Using either type crust (regular or shortbread) bake at 350 for 30-35 min. ***This chocolate pie does have a “rugged” look because of the slightly crunchy top. Yes, the pie may crack while cooling. Yes, it is a bit hard to tell when the pie is done; and yes, a toothpick will still come out with chocolate on it after 30 -35 min baking time but the pie solidifies while cooling. It does look a little “jiggly” upon taking it out of the oven. Hope this helps with any questions and or concerns.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!