Recipe & Photo by Robin Grover
This recipe was shared by a dear friend of mine, and I have been making it every summer for the past 5+ years. Great way to use up an abundance of yellow squash from your garden!
Cook time: 15 Min Prep time: 1 Hr 20 Min
10 small or 7 medium yellow squash
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1/4 c salt
3 c sugar
2 c apple cider vinegar
2 tsp celery seed
2 tsp ground termeric
1. Shred squash, onions, and both peppers into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add all salt and enough water to cover. Let stand in refrigerator 1 hour.
3. Drain-strain and rinse quickly under cold water. Drain well.
4. In a large pot, combine sugar, vinegar, celery seed and turmeric. Bring to a boil.
5. Let stand 3 minutes, add vegetables and stir.
6. Return to boil – reduce heat to low and simmer 4-5 minutes.
7. Allow to cool; can or refrigerate as desired.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!