I make this Cheeseburger Casserole quite often at my house and it’s always a BIG hit! All my family love this! I usually will double all the ingredients except the meat and make 2 casseroles. I hope you enjoy this cheeseburger as much as my family do.
The review of my family: This was like a cheeseburger deluxe! We love the super cheesiness of the dish and found ourselves going back for seconds and thirds.
Cook time: 25 Min Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 6-9
To Make this Cheesy Burger casserole You’Il need the following Ingredients:
INGREDIENTS MIXED WITH MEAT
1 lb ground meat
1 Tbsp beef bouillon, canned
2-3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp yellow mustard
3 tsp ketchup
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp seasoned salt
SEPARATE LAYERS OF THE CASSEROLE
1 box macaroni and cheese
6 slice bread
2 c cheese, shredded
1/2 small onion, minced
3 large pickles
1. Pre-Heat the oven to 440 degrees. Butter your 6 slices of bread and put them butter-side down in an un-greased baking dish. (I use the long Pyrex dish.) Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese over the bread.
2. Prepare the box of mac ‘n’ cheese per package directions. During this time you can also start on the meat.
3. Combine all the “Ingredients mixed with meat” in a large skillet. Brown the meat until it is almost done. There should still be a few pieces of meat that are not cooked all the way. (Don’t worry, they will cook the rest of the way in the oven.)
4. Now the mac ‘n’ cheese should be done and needs to be poured onto the the cheesed bread. Then pour the meat onto the mac ‘n’ cheese. Sprinkle the other cup of shredded cheese on top of the meat. Then sprinkle the pickles and onions on top. Last you get your ketchup bottle and squeeze “zig-zags” of ketchup on top of the casserole.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is all melted and the meat is all done.