These cookies are crispy & melt in your mouth. I never make a single batch. I make at least a double batch every time. They go quick. delightfully sweet and perfectly peanut buttery!
Prep time: 25 Min Serves: 16 large cookies
To Make those Crispy Peanut Butter Cookies You’Il need the following Ingredients:
1 c butter flavored crisco shortening
1 c sugar
1 c firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract (just pour it in)
2 eggs, beaten
1 c jif peanut butter (i put an extra hunk in)
2 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. I use a Kitchen Aid stand mixer & leave it running the whole time I’m putting this together.
3. Cream shortening, sugars, and vanilla extract.
4. Add beaten eggs, and beat thoroughly. (Just throw them in, don’t beat first)
5. Stir in peanut butter.
6. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture.
7. Using big scoop, place 6 level scoops on ungreased air bake cookie sheets.
8. Press with back of fork dipped in milk to make a crisscross design. Original recipe calls for flour but milk makes it crisper. Refer to picture above. It shows one that is in the ball & the others show how much to flatten.
9. Bake at 350° for exactly 14 minutes. Set your timer.
10. Remove from oven & let cool on cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes. Then transfer to wire cooling rack until completely cool. I stack these standing up in large air tight container to keep them from weighing heavy on each other.